Oct 25, 2008

Home Cooked Food No.1

This is prolly my first post about home cook food... w00ts~! I cook at least once every week now for a reason. I'm bored eating outside food. Especially food in Singapore. Everywhere I go, the food taste the same. I dunno if those food they sell at food courts are from the same source or wat... they taste more or less the same and I am really sick of it already~!!

Mom and Dad was here to visit me last weekend, so they brought over some food from Malaysia and we cooked together.



This pot of rice is completely done by me~! YESH~! I'm specialized in cooking rice without a rice cooker. Hehe... Bare in mind that this is just a non-stick steamboat pot. All these are thanks to my living experience at UK. Without a rice cooker, I can only control the heat of the hotplate and turn the heat off once the water dries up completely. I added a little brown rice coz brown rice is more nutritious and healthy. The rice looks nice rite?? >_<



This dish is known as "bang guang char" or "jiu hu char" in hokkien. My mom learn how to cook this from few of my aunts and improvised it. The main ingredient is Turnips... I think it's called Jicama otherwise in hokkien it's called "bang guang" and in Cantonese is called "shar cot" along with other ingredients such as dried black mushroom, carrot, dried squid and a little garlic. Wrap it with fresh lettuce and it will taste like heaven with all the juice in the mouth along with the crispy lettuce. WOOHOO~!!



Then here come the chicken dish.... I dunno wat it's called but I've been eating this since I was small. As long as I know how to cook it, who cares wat it's called rite? lulz
This dish is very simple. Just marinate the chicken with salt, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and salt. Then put in the mushrooms, black fungus, red dates, ginger and dried lily buds and steam it for around 15 minutes. It has been a year since I last had this. W00ts~!! Got the chance to eat it again.



Last but not least... CHILI PADI~!!!!

Yeah, that's all for now for my first post on home cooked food. Mom and Dad is on the way here and visit me again this week while I'm typing this now... They are just too free at the moment... haha.

I go have a nap first.... So sleepy.... Zzzz.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! you can cook :D

Seizhin said...

ahaha, I was about to say of the same thing :) Looks really delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails