Feb 29, 2008

Penang Char Koey Teow

Gotta make this post today. It's the leap year and today is February 29th which happens every 4 years. The weather is also quite nice... so I decided to post something up today. Another late post though...

FOOD~!! This time, it's no more about Raja Uda food. Everyone knows Penang is famous for its Char Koey Teow(CKT). There is no other place in M'sia other than Penang serve good CKT. Just look at the picture below....


This picture explain it all.... Just see the ridiculously oilly CKT with big prawns + pig fats + sotong + tau geh... OMG.... IT A KILLER MEAL~! I really missed this CKT a lot. This CKT is really addictive. I had them since I was in primary school. Believe me... I could take the CKT from this same stall for 3 months. Thats how much I love CKT. It was near my house last time. Now the stall has moved to a new place. I'll show the location below.


Another nice food available there is the Otak-otak. Just look at the juice... the texture... the aroma... the steam...


At above map, the red cross marks the location of the coffee shop. Its at Chai Leng Park. You can also get the detailed map from link below.
[source]
Although the food portion is small in Penang, but thats also the beauty of Penang food. Coz u can eat more of other nice food in Penang. Can't wait to go back again~!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails