Jan 2, 2009

Lotus Root Peanut Soup



This is the first thing I cooked myself for this year~! Lotus Root Peanut Soup or 莲藕花生汤 is the soup I love most~! It's not hard to make it's really nice too.

Ingredients are simple. All u need is the following:

1. Lotus Root - Approx 500g
2. Peanut - Approx 200g
3. 1 carrot
4. Red date - a handful(u can borrow my hand if u need it)
5. Pork ribs/bones - approx 500g (I just asked for SGD6 actually... so dun really know the weight)
6. Salted dry veggie - 50g maybe... I just bought 40sens of them

The proportion above is for about 5 person's consumption.

Preparation is even easier. Clean the mud away from the lotus root and cut away the joints. Just slice them into the sizes of ur preference.

For the peanuts, u just need to wash them and dump it into the pot.

Skin the carrots and cut them into small pieces.

For the red dates, just slice it at the center of the date till u reach the seed. Dun need to cut them into half as u just need the sweetness of the dates go into the soup.

For the pork ribs/bones, u better ask the butcher chop it into small pieces for u. It's not that easy to cut. I leave it to the butcher as I dun wan to get myself hurt or get my chopper damaged.

As for the salted veggie, wash away the salt and any sand that may present. Soak it for about 15 minutes. Have to wash them if u dun wan ur soup to be too salty. I din put any salt as the salted veggie is enough to make the soup salty.

If u dunno wat size to cut the things into, just refer to my picture above (they are still raw).

After I done all my preparation. I threw everything into the slow cooker. Like the name suggest... the slow cooker is SLOWWW......Too slow for my liking... So I transferred all the ingredients into the stainless steel pot and cook it with slow fire (which is still way faster than slow cooker).

After 2 hours plus, the soup was ready.

AND THE SOUP WAS FINISH EVEN B4 I WAS ABLE TO TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE~!! ZOMGWTFBBQ~!!!
T_________T

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails