Dec 23, 2007

Jalan Raja Uda Afternoon Hawker

Yay... food again. This is also at Raja Uda. Why again at Raja Uda u might ask... reason is its near to the place I stay and we don't really need to go far to get good food in Penang. Everywhere has good food.


Cendol~! This is the main reason I visit this hawker area. See the NATURAL green cendol? U can't find that anywhere in Singapore... at least I haven't find any myself... When I got the chance... I will show u all the artificial green of Cendol in Singapore...

This cendol stall was actually selling in Chai Leng Park last time. Luckily my dad found out that he moved his stall to Raja Uda. I just love the taste of the fresh coconut milk, the aroma of the brown sugar, the softness of the big red beans and of course the cendol with pandan leaf aroma~! The cendol is really excellent~!


My dad and mom shared the Ice Kacang. The ice kacang is nice too, but I still prefer CENDOL.


My dad went to order a bowl of Asam Laksa to share among ourselves. See the chili padi on top,and also the prawn sauce or har gou(虾膏)? Doesn't that makes u drool? lol... After all, Penang is famous for its Asam Laksa. Guess I didn't really taste Penang food if I didn't had any Asam Laksa~!


The Chili Padi really makes the Asam Laksa power leh~!! The sour and hot soup with mashed fish meat(ikan Kembong) ... the thick rice vermicelli(thick bihun)... sliced cucumber, vege, pineapple, lemon grass, onion and chili padi.... this ingredient packed Asam Laksa nearly blew my mind off~!


For detailed directions, kindly click ----->here.

Jalan Raja Uda is one really long street filled with lots of good food day and night. Its one nice place to get food. Not to mention there are different stalls day and night at certain areas~! This hawker area I went I located at the red X that I marked at the map above.

More Penang food on the next post. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Seizhin said...

I miss Penang and it's food. =\

Anonymous said...

OMG! i drooling now... nom nom nom. U mom and dad so romantic hor, share one ice kacang... :D

ShuKuen7788 said...

Wow... i wan i wan go have a try try..
Raja Uda really got a lot delicious food.
Chai Leng park also not bad.
my 2nd house at Prai. So always go out with family to hunt for food!!
hehe!!
lover-street will launch a "Food Hunt activities" soon..
http://www.lover-street.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13255


http://shukuen7788.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails