Dec 15, 2007

Motorola MOTOKRZR K3m

I've joined my company for a year plus already. The company finally decided to give all engineers a new phone and number to use now. Its a really good news for my colleagues who didn't signed up any phone contract.

Bad news for me is.... I've just renewed my contract last month... D'uh! Canceling it would cost me SGD$250.... Good news for me is that now I can make calls and sms all I want and the company is paying it~! Another plus 1 would be, I have an extra 3G phone now that I can use as a modem to online easily without needing to pull out the USB cable to listen to calls.


MOTOKRZR K3m with touch controls

TaDA! This is the new phone that my company gave me along with the new number. Its actually a free phone if you subscribe a iTwo Plus Plan from Singtel for 24 months. Actual price? I dunno... Its was last week's promotion anyway. Suddenly, I have 2 3G phones =.="


MOTOKRZR K3m flipped open

Brand: Motorola
Model: MOTOKRZR K3m
Size: 104.2mm x 42.3mm x 16.30mm
Weight: 110g (24 grams heavier than W910i)
Internal Screen: 2-inch 260k colour 240 x 320 pixel
External Screen: 1.3-inch 65k colour 120x160 pixel
Memory: MicroSD, phone memory 50MB
Networks: EDGE, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, HSDPA, UMTS 2100
Camera: 2M Pixel

It comes with standard accessories such as stereo earphones, charger, USB data cable, phone cover, 1GB MicroSD card, MicroSD to SD adapter and a software CD.

I started using the phone after about 6 hours of initial charge. I loaded some music and tried out the sound quality of the external speaker. To my surprise, the sound quality of the external speaker actually performs better than my Sony Ericsson W910i. Loudness is more or less the same, but I would say that MOTOKRZR K3m's speaker is better in terms of clarity. OMG... this free phone's external speaker beat my S$398 W910i's speaker~!?!

After using it for 1 whole day... I found out that MOTOKRZR K3m's speaker is the only thing that I admire... The low battery warning sounds off at the end of the day when I only made about 10 calls that lasted not more than 5 minutes... My colleagues all suffered the same problem...

2nd problem I face... is the text messaging interface. It is so different from Nokia and Sony Ericsson... I keep pressing the wrong buttons for space, turn on and turn off capital letter and switching from alphabet to numbers. Actualy this problem is not really the phone's problem. Its more like I am unable to adapt to the different style of this phone...

Next... I have difficulty using the available features in the phone... Its so hard to browse the phone's memory to look for the media or files that I want... I'm not able to browse the phone's memory like windows explorer with this phone... Just weird...

There is a good thing my ex-coursemate Sushi would say to me if he saw this phone.... its YAO YENG~!! Cantonese term for STYLISH~! Coz he likes flip phone a lot. Still remember a funny quote from him... "I bought my Motorola V3 not bcoz of its feature, performance or practical... I bought it bcoz its ~YAO YENG~!" Let me show you how he defines YAO YENG...


Hahaha... basically, by flipping the phone and answering it... is YAO YENG to him...


Sushi and Ah Wei at Oban, Scotland... LOL

Hahaha... the crazy fellow on the left is Sushi and no prize for guessing right on which one is Ah Wei... LOL


W910i

Conclusion... better stick back to my W910i... still prefer this phone's user interface, CK friendly-ness (yesh, the phone is very friendly to me) and the battery life.

As for the MOTOKRZR K3m... I'm using it as a modem now... just to connect to internet with my PC.

4 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

Wah! Ur co so good wan arrr? Have a nice day!

Myst3 said...

Canceling it would cost me SGD$250....
SO WAT...SGD$250 is like your 1 hour wage...so scare for wat??!!??

Myst3 said...

oh yeah..i got a better idea...how about selling me for SGD $300....ok? deal then!!!!! i help you take care of the contract..!!!!!

ck AE76 said...

Thanks but no thanks... :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails