Nov 6, 2007

Shanghai Trip Part 3

This shall be my last post on Shanghai. Got nothing much more to tell since I spend most of my time in conference anyway.... listening how great the product is... how great the potential in India (which I think its crap).... new features of old products... new solutions... new product line coming next year... all sorts of these which can easily be obtained from internet... d'oh!

To me, the benefit I got from this conference is getting to know people around the world. People
who are experts in electrical field for utility power, UPS system provider, switchboard and so on.

When I reach Shanghai, I see a lot of on going building projects around. Right beside my hotel, there is already a construction site... Everywhere in Shanghai is developing~! Basically, the growth in Shanghai is so tremendous that I felt it has already overtaken Kuala Lumpur. Shanghai really made Kuala Lumpur look like a standstill city without development.


construction site rite in front of my room window

Breakfast is provided every morning by the hotel. Its western breakfast where they provide bake beans, scramble eggs, bacons, ham, sausages, salad, milk, toast, bread, bun..... etc
The lobby lounge is quite nice. Directly on top, we can see our hotel building as show in photo below.


see through glass looking at our hotel building


Like I already mentioned, I spend most of my time in the conference. Listening to talks after talks.... having coffee non stop to prevent myself from falling asleep in the talk.

conference room

The lighting is so dim in the conference room. Its really making me fall asleep fast. Although I know they need to dim down the light bcoz of the Projector, but why make the whole room so dark lar... so sleepy throughout the talks...


White rose on the table as decoration...

After the day was over, a 10 course dinner was provided. Had Shark Fin, some fish, some beef, some chicken, some salmon, some desert....


Grilled salmon I guess.....



mini steak.... so mini

After dinner we went up to the revolving restaurant at the 46th floor of the building for some drinks. A bottle of wine was about 900RMB... I've forgoten wat wine was it... but it was a kind of grape that was really hard to grow....

I googled it and now I remember wat was grape used in the vintage wine we had... it was Pinot Noir... The wine was really smooth... personally, I am not an wine drinking expert... but this wine is sure easy to swallow for me... haha... there were 6 person, and each person took a glass and there it goes... 1 bottle of Pinot Noir habis....


X Sensation at 46th floor or they call it X-46


After finishing the wine, we had a bottle of Guinness Stout. This is the very first time I am drinking stout believe it or not. I find it stout is taste better than beer actually. Although I still find drinking alcohol a lot is bad for health....


it was early when we went up...


The next nite, we went to Xin Tian Di 新天地 for drinking. Dun wan to talk about to sleepy talks already... talk about Xin Tian Di straight away. Surprisingly, this place got many many ang moh here! Then I found out that this place is really famous among the ang mohs coz they have a lot of pubs here with Filipino Bands. The atmosphere is nice and the music is not too loud. Well, the group I am together with aren't exactly young like me... they prefer a not so noisy place thats why... -.-" We had few rounds of beer in a bar selling German Beer. I had a Wheat Beer and a Dark Beer.... watever it means... beer... I dun like.... my tummy just grew bigger...


Cheers!! Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian gather for beer...


Then got one nite at KTV... nothing much to talk about that... I din take any photos there either... Just had 3 bottles of Chivas Regal thats all... nothing special... except that the girls there speak Japanese insanely well... but wtf... good for our Japanese friend... same for me wat... I speak Chinese to them....

After 3 nights.... it time to go home... go back to where I work of course...


Boarding pass heading to Singapore....


Inside Pudong Shanghai Airport


The new part of Pudong Shanghai airport again....


The plane that brought me back safely...


This is the end of my Shanghai journey... looking forward to go there again.... not for work of course...

2 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

What! Only like that meh? No 'activities' with china girls?? My friends who have being to china all say must do some 'pokeing' activities wan. U no do meh! He! He! if got do can post up or not? Me never being to china before!

Have a nice day!

ck AE76 said...

hor ny ang moh: 'pokeing' activities damn a lot and easy to find there... but I din do any leh... haha... i go for massage activity have lar...
But I heard pokeing there not cheap also... u know lar... tourist got tourist price mah...
Taxi driver got told me... even wash head one also got special 'activity' on leh... haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails