Nov 9, 2007

Sony Ericsson W910i

Okay, I bought a new gadget here. The brand new Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone W910i. Before talking about the new phone, I would like to let u all know that this is my 3rd Sony Ericsson phone. My previous phones are W800i then W810i and now W910i. More history, I used Alcatel b4, I also used Nokia b4 I switched to my current brand.. Sony Ericsson. When I started using W800i, I really loved that phone. At that time, I felt that the phone is fast compared to other coloured phone unlike nokia. Fast in terms of responding to my button pressing speed. On top of that... my W800i never... yes never hang even until the day it got lost! And yes... it got lost bcoz of my carelessness... lost it during last Chinese New Year eve...

Then I replaced with W810i... its W800i with a face lift. Almost everything is the same except that this one has a shortcut button that lets u put watever things u use often easy to access. For example to turn on the bluetooth, u dun need to go menu ---> tools ----> connectivity to get your bluetooth turn on... all u need to to preset bluetooh into the shortcut menu. This feature has been inherited into W910i.





One thing bad about W810i is that the camera doesn't have a cover like W800i have. My lenses got scratches all over bcoz there isn't any cover there for the camera.... Thats the only bad thing about W810i compare to W800i.

I got this W810i 1 month after CNY. I got fed up using that Motorola W220... That phone really sucks!! I won't go into detail how suck W220 of Motorola is coz this title ain't about how suck W220 is...

Move on to the new phone. I wasn't planning on getting a new phone earlier on actually. My plan was to get a 3G broadbane connection with the USB modem so that I can online whenever I wan and wherever I want. The broadband on Mobile service provider is by Singtel. It is about SG$23 per month inclusive GST. The plan itself will give me a downstream of 512kbps and total usage of 10GB per month. Not going to use it to download torrent... so 10GB is pretty sufficient.





Brand: Sony Ericsson
Model: W910i
Sizes: 99.5 x 50 x 12.5mm
Weight: 86g (its really light)
Available colours: Heartly Red, Havana Bronze, Noble Black
Screen: 256k colours, (240 x 320 pixel)
Memory: Memory Stick Micro M2, phone memory 35MB
Networks: EDGE, GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, HSDPA 2100, UMTS 2100
Camera: 2M Pixel (just normal, no worries since I already have a Sony Cybershot T200)

HSDPA or High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (not High Speed Dodo Protection Agency) is the new protocol for 3G communication. Its based on the UMTS protocol but has higher data transfer speed and capacity. Advertisement advertise them as 3.5G phone. Drawback for this phone? Dun have wifi or GPS system like Nokia N95. Other than that... its slimer, lighter, prettier and more stylish than a Nokia N95 in my opinion.

Basically, W910i has all the features from W810i. The walkman feature is the same. Just that it doesn't have the push to play button like W800i an W810i. So... have to push at least 2 buttons to start playing my mp3s... There is a new cool feature that W910i has called TrackID. Basically, when we are listening to the fm radio and who dunno wat the hell is the title of the song, we can use this feature to know wtf we are listening to!! Good huh? Can go internet and download the song after we know the song title mah... haha... good leh?



To really see how fast my Broadband on Mobile, I went to do a bandwidth test. Turn out the speed is pretty decent. It has a downstream of approximate 512kbps and the upstream seems to be able to reach 384kbps! Not bad at all for a mobile broadband I must say! I still remember the days when I had 384kbps Downstream and 128kbps upstream for Streamyx... which still so much worst then my current broadband on mobile.

With only less than 12months left in my contract. I was able to upgrade my phone with a promotion price which is SG$ 398 + 100. With promotion available for broadband on mobile, there is a SG$ 100 discounts for all 3G / 3.5G handsets. So I paid total of SG$ 398.00 inclusive of GST. On top of that, I get a 2GB Memory Stick M2 and also 2 tickets for 王力宏 Leehom concert!! But like I mention in my previous entry here, the day b4 concert... I need to be in PENANG!! I am still thinking here wat to do with my tickets....


Dammit!! Why 2nd Dec of all date!! #$*#&$


Since the phone is so new and all... I bought it a plastic cover to prevent it from getting scratches. Paid SG$9.00 for the screen protector and plastic cover for the phone.






Aww... some like W810i, it doesn't have a cover for the camera lens....


I will give it a 4 out of 5 for this phone. Why? Coz it give me a headache on whether going to Leehom concert or not lar!! haha... and also the camera lens doesn't have a lens cover lor...
Other than that..... this phone is perfect!!!

For more info on this phone, please go to sonyericsson.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, Ck.. i'm yen from malaysia. i'm thinking to buy this SE hp..is it oni i can get the ticket for lee hom concert if i buy the hp in singapore only? how much u bought this hp in SG$? haiz... i wan the ticket la..*sigh*

ck AE76 said...

Thanks for visiting here Yen! U buy from Spore u will get a Leehom concert ticket. M'sia I dunno the phone came out already or not... I bought it for S$398 with contract. Actual price its S$698 or S$798... not sure...
Hope u can see this reply...

iaM|Mai said...

Hello CK,
I got ur blog from google when i was surfing for w910i (bronze) in Singapore.
Im actually from Indonesia and I wanna buy w910i in Singapore because here, they dont have the bronze one.
Is there a bronze edition of w910i in Singapore? (SingTel, M1, or StarHub, unlocked).

Thanks

ck AE76 said...

iaM|Mai:Yes, you can get the bronze edition here! From Singtel. They are unlocked anyway.. no restriction on service provider.. u can get the phone and use another provider!
Thanks for visiting!

iaM|Mai said...

Okay.
Thanks for the info,
it helps so much.
For further questions (about electronics in Singapore), can I ask you?
Because I got a problem, I dont have friends in Singapore to ask about prices or something hahaha..

Thanks.

ck AE76 said...

iaM|Mai:Sure, if I got the info. Glad to be able to help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails